[asterisk-dev] Polycom Server Side DND

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:31:10 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> The document you linked to and posted publicly has a large and rather
> unambiguous copyright notice:
>
> {quote}
> Any technical documentation that is made available by BroadSoft, Inc.
> is proprietary and confidential and is considered the copyrighted work
> of BroadSoft, Inc. This publication is for distribution under
> BroadSoft non-disclosure agreement only.
> No part of this publication may be duplicated without the express
> written permission of BroadSoft, Inc. 9737 Washingtonian Boulevard,
> Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
> {quote}
>
> We have, in the past, received patches on the issue tracker that were
> implementations of Broadsoft functionality that the patch contributors
> did not have the copyright for. Even if you have obtained sufficient
> permission from Broadsoft to implement such a feature for your own
> Asterisk system, such patches are not acceptable for general inclusion
> in the Asterisk project without written permission from Broadsoft
> stating that they approve the of the patch's inclusion, subject to the
> license contributor agreement.
>
> This is an unmoderated, public mailing list. While you may be choosing
> to simply ask for assistance about a patch you have personally
> written, and were never planning on contributing said feature back to
> the project, I personally would not suggest discussing this work here
> further unless Broadsoft has licensed you to do so.
>
> --
> Matthew Jordan
> Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager
> Check us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org

The PDF was posted on page 3 of the first link by a Polycom employee that
had permissions from Broadsoft to do so. Additionally the as-feature-event
is an ECMA-323 standard. I found the Asterisk Jira tickets you had
mentioned. These look to be a better approach than my implementation anyway.

Thanks,
Ryan