[asterisk-dev] Polycom Server Side DND

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:05:29 CDT 2014

I am working on adding support for Polycom's server side DND to Asterisk 11
with FreePBX 2.11. I found the below post that shows how to do this with
older Polycom 3.3.x firmware. The phone dials feature codes behind the
scenes to turn on / off DND. With firmware 4.1.7 this is no longer
supported.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Server-based-DND-using-FAC-NOTIFY/m-p/8042#M1080

The Polycom implementation follows the Broadsoft feature key
synchronization which is detailed in the below PDF.

http://community.polycom.com/polycom/attachments/polycom/VoIP/2233/1/DeviceFeatureKeySynchronizationFD.pdf

My approach is to add support for the as-feature-event subscription. I've
created a patch against Certified Asterisk 11.2-cert2 that works. I am
originating a call to a dummy context so I can dial the FreePBX DND feature
code within chan_sip.c. I took the dial code from res_calendar. When
pressing DND on the phone, the phone subscribes asking to change the DND
status, the dialplan executes, a notify with the new status is sent to the
phone, and the phone updates the line key to show DND.

While my patch works I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on a better way
to approach this.

Dummy context for call
[sip-feature-xml]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(10)

Polycom Broadsoft Feature Event Patch
http://pastebin.com/rYi2JtAR

Asterisk console output
http://pastebin.com/0hcHt1BQ

sip show subscriptions
10.1.1.18      2006             36a479a8-5f4397  2006 at from-inter
Busy           x-as-feature-ev <none>     000600

Thanks,
Ryan