[asterisk-dev] Asterisk handling of AVPF

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Jan 23 09:15:23 CST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> wrote:
> On 03/07/13 11:39, Torrey Searle wrote:
>
> Was this change accepted?
>
> In 11.5 (using the Debian packages) it still appears that incoming calls are
> rejected if they don't match the AVPF setting
>
> This is quite troublesome when all calls (from WebRTC and regular clients)
> are sent to Asterisk by a proxy and when Asterisk is matching the proxy to a
> peer definition by looking at the source IP only.
>
> The only hack-around I can think of for this is that the proxy could send
> the AVP calls to Asterisk over a UDP transport and AVPF over TCP (assuming
> the proxy can be configured to use different source IPs for TCP and UDP
> respectively)

The issue was reported as ASTERISK-22005 [1]. Torrey's patch was
merged in r401884 [2], which you can see on the Subversion tab on the
issue in JIRA. Because the issue was a slight behavioural change - but
needed for interoperability - we went with merging it into 11+. Also
on the issue, the released version is noted as 11.7.0, which is also
reflected in that version's release summary [3].

tl;dr: It's in 11.7.0 :-)

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22005
[2] https://code.asterisk.org/code/changelog/asterisk?cs=401884
[3] http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/tags/11.7.0/asterisk-11.7.0-summary.txt