[asterisk-dev] Asterisk handling of AVPF

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Thu Jan 23 07:30:25 CST 2014

On 03/07/13 11:39, Torrey Searle wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I'll adapt my patch to make the avpf=yes/no flag fully ignored for
> inbound calls.

Was this change accepted?

In 11.5 (using the Debian packages) it still appears that incoming calls
are rejected if they don't match the AVPF setting

This is quite troublesome when all calls (from WebRTC and regular
clients) are sent to Asterisk by a proxy and when Asterisk is matching
the proxy to a peer definition by looking at the source IP only.

The only hack-around I can think of for this is that the proxy could
send the AVP calls to Asterisk over a UDP transport and AVPF over TCP
(assuming the proxy can be configured to use different source IPs for
TCP and UDP respectively)