[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Media Performance

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jan 15 10:43:28 CST 2014

Greetings everyone,

I've started working on designing a new media format framework on the
wiki[1]. I plan on documenting the underlying data structures, reasons
for why I've decided on things, any new APIs that are created as a
result, and how existing APIs will change. These will include developer
examples. The primary focus of this is to be as fast as possible with
media operations involving formats. Any feedback is welcome but please
keep in mind I'm still writing out the wiki page so stuff towards the
bottom will be added to/changed.

Cheers,

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Media+Format+Rewrite

--