[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] kharwell: branch 12 r404663 - in /branches/12: ./ channels/ configs/ include/...

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 3 09:57:07 CST 2014

On 03 Jan 2014, at 16:50, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

>> In sip.conf, skinny.conf and other places, it's "setvar" without underscore.
>>
>> Why change the syntax already used?
>>

> Hey Olle -
>
> The syntax here is strictly snake case for two reasons:
>
> (1) It keeps it in line with the other options in pjsip.conf. Yay consistency!

It sounds cool, but breaks consistency with the rest of our product.

I suggest you add "set_var" as an alias in the rest of the configurations.

After many years of teaching Asterisk, I vote for being consistent. Having setvar in some files and set_var in one file is NOT a good idea (TM).

Yay consistency!
/O