[asterisk-dev] CentOS packaging

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Feb 27 15:13:30 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> If the packages were restructured, it could be set up so that Asterisk
> only provides chan_dahdi in a subpackage - although there are
> obviously some issues with subpackages as well. I'm still not sure of
> a good structure for subpackages that lets you pick optional modules
> in an 'ala carte' fashion. For example, I may want chan_dahdi, but I
> may also want PostgreSQL for realtime, IMAP voicemail, and
> chan_ooh323. (The answer is probably 'build from source', but the fact
> that each subpackage has to be independent from others limits their
> usefulness, in my opinion)

The way we've done this in Fedora is to build these sorts of pieces as
subpackages, and tweak the build process to build multiple versions of some
of the packages -- for example, we have asterisk-voicemail-plain,
asterisk-voicemail-odbc, and asterisk-voicemail-imap.  You can choose any
one of those three subpackages (as they each conflict with the other two).

The complete list of subpackages we currently build is below.  (For the
sake of this conversation, chan_dahdi is built as a subpackage as well.)

asterisk-alsa
asterisk-calendar
asterisk-corosync
asterisk-curl