[asterisk-dev] CentOS packaging

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue Feb 25 14:04:12 CST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.co.uk> wrote:

> After a conversation with Rusty last week, I've become aware that for a
> simple installation of asterisk (11) from the CentOS repositories at
> http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/, the 'current' repo at
> http://packages.digium.com/centos is required to satisfy the dependency
> of the 'asterisk' package on 'asterisk-dahdi'.

Yeah, it's rather unfortunate.  Frankly, though, I think the Asterisk
packages from the EPEL repository (based on the Fedora packages) are a much
better place to start.  I'd love to help with getting better Asterisk
packages available for RPM-based systems, and am willing to put some of my
limited spare time into improving the situation.  (I'd love to help for
dpkg-based systems as well, but I don't know enough about dpkg to code
myself out of a wet paper bag.)

--
Jared Smith