[asterisk-dev] asterisknow-version

Leif Madsen lmadsen at thinkingphones.com
Mon Dec 29 10:24:08 CST 2014

On 27 December 2014 at 19:15, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> If that doesn't work for you, I'd suggest making your own packages.

This is what we've ended up doing. I took the SRPM file from the Fedora
repository and hacked the SPEC[1] file to suit my own needs. It only builds
what I need now, and does it in a way that I expect. From there, I then
pump it and the dependencies into mock[2] and it spits out the resulting
RPMs for me. I even built a wrapper bash script that lets me pass in
arguments such as build number and Asterisk version so that I have a single
RPM spec file that I can pass various bits of info into. From there I added
it to our Jenkins[3] server and now commits that are merged via Gerrit[4]
automatically build in Jenkins and are pushed to our Pulp[5] server for
distribution to our various data centres.

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/asterisk.git/tree/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
[3] http://jenkins-ci.org/
[4] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/