[asterisk-dev] Volume Control

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Dec 24 13:14:30 CST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Murthy Gandikota <mgandikota at nts.net>
wrote:

>  Using
>

> set(Volumn(TX)=1)

That wouldn't be the correct invocation of the function (VOLUME, not
Volumn).

>  set(Volume(RX)=1)
>

> in the dialplan had no effect.

Did it have no effect on a channel not in App Konference? Have you tried
varying the values besides just '1'? What did you observe with different
values?

Without a reasonable amount of information from you, anyone on this mailing
list will simply be guessing.

> I understand that App Konference is not part of the Asterisk code base. I
> am using it because the source code to set up a dynamic conference--as
> opposed to confbridge or meetme--is given away at sourceforge.net.

I don't know what you mean by "dynamic conference".

If you're referring to the ability to dynamically configure properties of a
bridge (or its users, or its DTMF menus), then ConfBridge has that
capability via the CONFBRIDGE function.

Regardless, App Konference is a third party module that is not supported by
the Asterisk project. When a channel is in their dialplan application, they
control it. They may do whatever they please to the audio stream. If you're
finding that other mechanisms to manipulate the audio have no effect -
well, that may happen. It's their application.

You should contact the maintainers of that module directly for assistance.

>  In general, though, is it possible to overlay spoken frames on top of a
> playback/background/moh?

Sure, if you mix it. This is what the various 'spy' related family of
applications does, as does bridge_softmix.

>  For me, it seems possible by mixing  frames. However, does the hardware
> support it?

Asterisk does not use special purpose hardware. It mixes the media itself,
hence the term 'softmix' in 'bridge_softmix'.

Hardware support would have to be provided by custom modules.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager