[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] rmudgett: branch 1.8 r411715 - in /branches/1.8: ./ channels/ configs/ includ...

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Mon Apr 7 11:29:56 CDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 04 Apr 2014, at 20:32, SVN commits to the Digium repositories <
> svn-commits at lists.digium.com> wrote:
>
> > -             case 'I':
> > -                     ast_set_flag(&ast_options,
> AST_OPT_FLAG_INTERNAL_TIMING);
> > -                     break;
>
> Just checking... I would rather add a NOTICE log here that "i" is not
> needed any more. Please make sure that configurations starting with "- i"
> will not suddenly fail.

Yes.  You can still specify the -I option without harm.  It is simply
ignored because
it was not removed from the getopt() option parameter string.  The
UPGRADE.txt file
does contain a note about the removal of the option.  I'll change the code
to print a
notice to stderr about the option no longer being needed.  The notice
cannot be sent
to the log because the command line options are parsed before anything else
is even
initialized.

The asterisk.conf internal_timing option is also simply ignored as anything
else not
recognized by non-config framework config file handling code.  I'll put a
NOTICE log
there as well.

Richard