[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] mmichelson: branch 12 r399083 - in /branches/12: include/asterisk/ res/

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 13 11:31:37 CDT 2013

13 sep 2013 kl. 17:08 skrev Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com>:

>>> I assume you mean the code since this can't be set by the user.
>>> Transports within pjsip have different properties about them -
>>> whether they are secure, whether they are TCP, UDP, TLS, etc. The
>>> code above uses these properties to know what to add and when. This
>>> code is based on code that already existed within the pjsua library
>>> itself.
>>>
>> Right. But you avoided to answer my questions, that are quite
>> important to get right. Can you show some examples?
>
> If the transport is TLS (or otherwise marked as secure) then sips is added. If the transport is not UDP then transport is added.
If you add sips: you are in a whole other division. You should no do that, it will just cause trouble. It impacts a lot of other headers and is in this case propably a big mistake. Read the RFCs on TLS to get the full picture, RFC 3261 has an update and clarification on the usage. Just assuming that you should use SIPS: in this case will lead to broken communication. SIPS: is not an equivalent of HTTPS:, it's much more and pretty bad.

If you add a transport you will prevent upgrades from UDP to TCP, which is not a good thing. UDP is always the fallback when someone contacts you, we should encourage if someone prefers to contact us over TLS or TCP to the contact we send.

> This is the above logic in the code you mentioned. I don't know what else you are looking for...
I just wanted to understand if you where doing this right or wrong, but you confirmed that you did it wrong. Please fix.

/O

> --
> Joshua Colp
> Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
> Check us out at:  www.digium.com  & www.asterisk.org
>
> --

---
* Olle E Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Cell phone +46 70 593 68 51, Office +46 8 96 40 20, Sweden