[asterisk-dev] Asterisk feature request JIRA # ASTERISK-19983

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Sep 11 08:52:22 CDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Clod Patry <cpatry at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll take a look at this tonight to find a solution for that.
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>

>> 10 sep 2013 kl. 00:02 skrev Jonathan White <jw at uvacity.com>:
>>
>>   ConfBridge does not expose a mechanism to change the language on the
>> Bridging channel, defaulting to 'en'
>>
>>  I would like to request a new feature to allow languages to set from
>> the dialplan to set announcement language. Currently announcements default
>> to en.
>>
>>  A work around is to copy a different language file over the en
>> recording but nothing which can easily be done for dynamic calls entering
>> the conference.
>>
>>  I an willing to help in any way I can but I have no programming or
>> patching skills to write this feature.
>>

>> I would call this a bug. Open an issue in the issue tracker to start with.

As was already mentioned in his previous e-mail to the -dev list [1], there
is already an issue in the issue tracker documenting this as a bug:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19983

As I mentioned in my reply, it is in the queue to get fixed. If he needs a
solution faster, he's more than welcome to offer a bounty for the bug. Or,
as he's done, he can try to get someone from the open source community to
fix it for him for free. If Clod would like to do that, that'd be great.

Matt

[1]
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2013-September/062300.html

--