[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] mjordan: branch 1.8 r402150 - /branches/1.8/main/

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Oct 31 20:24:05 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2013, at 13:40, SVN commits to the Digium repositories <
> svn-commits at lists.digium.com> wrote:
>
> > -                                     ast_debug(3, "Discovered %d cost
> path from %s to %s, via %s\n", tr_matrix[x][z].cost,
> > +                                     ast_debug(10, "Discovered %d cost
> path from %s to %s, via %s\n", tr_matrix[x][z].cost,
>
> We had a discussion at an earlier Astridevcon about the debug levels. I
> don't remember any result, but I've tried not adding anything above 5.
> Maybe we should discuss a definition of various debug levels, or just not
> bother and spend our time on good wine, cheese and stupid hacks in old
> Asterisk versions instead...

I'll take good wine and cheese...

> Just a thought. Personally, I wouldn't move anything to debug level 10.
> Maybe that's a Swedish thing.

To be frank, I'm not a huge fan of anything above 5 either. I found myself
wanting to delete this message, but kept on thinking "what if we actually
want to bother debugging the translation path costs? Wouldn't I want to
know what it had computed?"

Of course, I could then just as easily go put a debug message in there -
but that was my thought process regardless. I think in this case, I
compromised.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager