[asterisk-dev] Segfault on incoming SIP call with res_ldap

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 29 10:55:46 CDT 2013

On 29 Oct 2013, at 16:35, Dominik George <nik at naturalnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I'm sorry you're having a problem with Asterisk crashing. You should
>> probably take the backtrace on the debian bug tracker and attach it to the
>> existing ASTERISK issue [...]
>
> Hmm, it is already there.
>
>> If you need this bug fixed, I highly recommend offering a bug bounty [1].
>
> Haha! Seriously, is that the only way to get someone in a *community*
> project to even *respond* to something?
>
> Am I to offer at least $500 for fixing somets hing that is most likely a
> broken pointer that can be fixed with two lines, if not two bytes of
> code?
>
> Honestly, I am simply looking for someone to say "this bug comes from
> there", and I will most likely even provide a patch myself once I
> understand how it is triggered.
>
>> As noted on the ASTERISK issue, res_ldap is supported by the Asterisk
>> community, and you may want to solicit their support in having this issue
>> resolved.
>
> If I am not mistaken, then this list _is_ as community channel?

It is and I think Matt was just offering some advice. THe bug tracker currently
has more than one single bug and if you really need help quickly with a
module that is not commonly used you may want to follow his advice. If not,
then feel free to try to sort it out.

The email you sent sounded to me like more of a requirement than
a gentle call for assistance. If that's not what you wanted to write,
then our apologies.

Good luck with your ldap issue! I'm sorry, but I don't know the inside of
that driver either.

/Olle