[asterisk-dev] debian patches report

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Sun Oct 20 21:21:59 CDT 2013

On 13-10-09 03:42 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I made an initial packaging of Asterisk 12 for Debian 12[0] (not intended
> to be uploaded in the near future, but may be handy). This is a good
> time for me to go over the list of patches I apply and see which of them
> still makes sense.
>
> Patches:
>
> allow-tilde-destdir
>    badshell is disallowing tildes (~) in the DESTDIR directory to warn
>    people who use a shell that doesn't expand it to $HOMEDIR.
>
>    However, we have such a tilde in our directory (~rcN) that isn't
>    expanded to $HOMEDIR nor shouldn't be.
>
>    This patch relaxes this test just for cases where the ~ is followed by
>    a '/', which should catch most cases.
>
>    I don't remember why it wasn't merged at the time.

+1 Get it up on reviewboard

> hack-multiple-app-voicemail
>    Allow packaging the multiple app_voicemail implementations (plain,
>    imap and odbc).
>
>    This is a patch I originally took from the Digium RPM packaging.
>
>    Any standard way to get this done?

Can't say I like this method, but its what I do.  I guess since ARI is
the new thing, this will likely go away at some point.

> safe_asterisk-config
>    Defaults safe_asterisk not to use TTY 9. IMHO this is the saner
>    choice. But this patch is a small one.

+1

> safe_asterisk-nobg
>    When Asterisk is run under start-stop-daemon and if the user chose
>    in /etc/defaults/asterisk to use safe_asterisk, safe_asterisk should
>    fork into the background.
>
>    This should eventually be a non-issue in case of switching to
>    upstart/systemd which makes safe_asterisk unnecessary.

+1

> astgenkey-security
>    astgenkey should generate a private key that is not world-readable
>
>    http://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=12373 (rejected)
>
>    Anybody still uses astgenkey?

Unknown here

> sound_files
>    Don't install sound files. Much of the space in the tarball is taken
>    by sound files that we don't need (they are included in a separate
>    package). Don't install them. Patch not likely to be accpted.
>

> reenable
>    Reenable some modules. Right now just chan_vpb (seems to still be
>    maintained).
>

> mpglib
>    Include mpglib for format_mp3. FIXME: Should be removed and have
>    format_mp3 forward-ported to a newer libmpg123.
>

> ilbc_disable
>    Disable codec_ilbc. Will not be accepted. FIXME: rewrite
>    codec_ilbc with the new ilbc lib so it will not be needed to be
>    disabled.
>

> enable_addons
>    Re-enable all addons. Just because they were enabled in -addons. It
>    didn't change since. I have no idea which are actually used.
>

> no_uname
>    Not properly named: leftover of a bigger patch. Removes the case of
>    FreeBSD from the bootstrap script as it broke Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.
>
>    Any reason BSDs would need to use autoconf 2.6.2 (anso: automake 1.9.
>    But Asterisk doesn't use automake, right?).
>

> astdatadir
>    The well-known Debian-specific patch: astdatadir is
>    /usr/share/asterisk. I have no idea why it;s not accepted.
>

> [0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-voip/asterisk.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;hb=HEAD

Commented in a few, best thing is to get them up on reviewboard and take
it from there.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)