[asterisk-dev] debian patches report

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Oct 9 14:42:11 CDT 2013

Hi all

I made an initial packaging of Asterisk 12 for Debian 12[0] (not intended
to be uploaded in the near future, but may be handy). This is a good
time for me to go over the list of patches I apply and see which of them
still makes sense.

Patches:

allow-tilde-destdir
  badshell is disallowing tildes (~) in the DESTDIR directory to warn
  people who use a shell that doesn't expand it to $HOMEDIR.

  However, we have such a tilde in our directory (~rcN) that isn't
  expanded to $HOMEDIR nor shouldn't be.

  This patch relaxes this test just for cases where the ~ is followed by
  a '/', which should catch most cases.

  I don't remember why it wasn't merged at the time.

hack-multiple-app-voicemail
  Allow packaging the multiple app_voicemail implementations (plain,
  imap and odbc).

  This is a patch I originally took from the Digium RPM packaging.

  Any standard way to get this done?

safe_asterisk-config
  Defaults safe_asterisk not to use TTY 9. IMHO this is the saner
  choice. But this patch is a small one.

safe_asterisk-nobg
  When Asterisk is run under start-stop-daemon and if the user chose
  in /etc/defaults/asterisk to use safe_asterisk, safe_asterisk should
  fork into the background.

  This should eventually be a non-issue in case of switching to
  upstart/systemd which makes safe_asterisk unnecessary.

astgenkey-security
  astgenkey should generate a private key that is not world-readable

  http://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=12373 (rejected)

  Anybody still uses astgenkey?

sound_files
  Don't install sound files. Much of the space in the tarball is taken
  by sound files that we don't need (they are included in a separate
  package). Don't install them. Patch not likely to be accpted.

reenable
  Reenable some modules. Right now just chan_vpb (seems to still be
  maintained).

mpglib
  Include mpglib for format_mp3. FIXME: Should be removed and have
  format_mp3 forward-ported to a newer libmpg123.

ilbc_disable
  Disable codec_ilbc. Will not be accepted. FIXME: rewrite
  codec_ilbc with the new ilbc lib so it will not be needed to be
  disabled.

enable_addons
  Re-enable all addons. Just because they were enabled in -addons. It
  didn't change since. I have no idea which are actually used.

no_uname
  Not properly named: leftover of a bigger patch. Removes the case of
  FreeBSD from the bootstrap script as it broke Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.

  Any reason BSDs would need to use autoconf 2.6.2 (anso: automake 1.9.
  But Asterisk doesn't use automake, right?).

astdatadir
  The well-known Debian-specific patch: astdatadir is
  /usr/share/asterisk. I have no idea why it;s not accepted.

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-voip/asterisk.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;hb=HEAD

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com