[asterisk-dev] ARI use scenarios

Paul Albrecht palbrecht at glccom.com
Fri Oct 18 11:07:46 CDT 2013

On Oct 18, 2013, at 10:51 AM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:

> On 13-10-18 11:31 AM, Paul Albrecht wrote:

>>> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/x/CoZHAQ#Asterisk12APIImprovements-UseCases
>>>

>> Not enough detail to evaluate the ARI. How about complete examples for the various scenarios? If you can't do this how do you know what you're building is actually usable?
>>
> Patience, it will happen. If you have some example that you wan to see,
> great, reply to the wiki and we'll add them.

Let me try again … you write code to a design based on a specification. If there's no specification what do you think you have a right to expect?

> ARI was basically announced at Astricon last week, there are going to be
> some bumps along the way.  There was talks too, which were recorded, but
> again will take some time to see the light of day.

What's the purpose of ARI? What does it improve or do better than the current asterisk interfaces? If the goal is simply make asterisk "buzzword compliant" then you got that covered. YIPPEE!