[asterisk-dev] New mailing list - asterisk-app-dev

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Oct 14 21:00:30 CDT 2013

Hey all -

After much discussion at AstriCon, it became clear that the Asterisk
project could use a mailing list dedicated specifically to application
development. This new mailing list should be used specifically for
discussions regarding the development of applications using AMI, AGI, or
ARI - or any other interface exposed by Asterisk in the future. Today,
we're pleased to announce the asterisk-app-dev mailing list, now available
on lists.digium.com:

This new list is not a replacement for asterisk-dev or asterisk-users. The
asterisk-dev list should continue to be used for discussions regarding
development directly in the Asterisk project itself or the Asterisk Test
Suite. The asterisk-users list should continue to be used for discussions
regarding deployment and usage of Asterisk itself. As we expect the amount
of questions and discussions regarding application development and API
usage to grow, it makes sense to provide a dedicated forum for those
discussions outside of -users and -dev, and this new mailing list serves
that purpose.

Of course, there's bound to be some cross-over between mailing lists, and
sometimes it might not be clear where to post your question. As always,
please do not cross post between lists. If your question on
asterisk-app-dev is more appropriate for asterisk-users or asterisk-dev,
someone will kindly ask you to direct your question to the other mailing
lists, where a wider audience may be available to assist you.

Thanks - and we all look forward to lots of productive discussions on the
new mailing list about building applications that use Asterisk as their
communications engine!

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan