[asterisk-dev] off topic: OS/X: Where's the GCC?

Dan Jenkins, HolidayExtras.com dan.jenkins at holidayextras.com
Wed Oct 2 04:46:22 CDT 2013

On 1 October 2013 17:49, Fernando Romo <pop at cofradia.org> wrote:

> The only thing who make me problems on Mac OS X compile, is the res_snmp.
> I deactivate on menuselect and the compilation work like a charm.
>
> i use:
>
>    root# gcc --version
>    i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build
> 5658) (LLVM build 2336.11.00)
>
> with OS X  10.8.5 and compile Asterisk 11.5.1
>
> i install zlib, and core-utils from the source code previous the * compile.
>
> Best regards.... Fernando "El Pop" Romo
>

> On Oct 1, 2013, at 10:09 AM, "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>

> > 1 okt 2013 kl. 16:49 skrev Fernando Romo <pop at cofradia.org>:
> >
> >> i compile Asterisk 11 on OS X. you need to download the "XCode Command
> line utilities". is the gcc compiler and tools on Snow Leopard and newer
> versions of OS X
> > That's what I did. No luck.
> >
> > $ gcc --version
> > Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
> --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
> > Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.76) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
> > Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
> > Thread model: posix
> >
> > Is this the same as your version?
> > /O
> >>

> >> best regards... Fernando "El Pop" Romo

> built Asterisk 1.8 on this machine and ran it.

> motherboard. GCC now seems to be an alias for clang and I can't compile
> Asterisk anymore...

> gotten a proper GCC somewhere from. What's the easiest way to re-install an
> Asterisk-compatible GCC?

> >> --
> >

> > --
>

> --

David, just tried following your instructions for installing 12 on osx -
I'm running bang up to date on a Macbook Pro retina, and I get chucked out:

==> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/pjsip/2.1
--with-ssl=/usr/local/opt/openssl --disable-resample --disable-sound
--disable-video --enable-shared --with-external-gsm --with-external-pa
--with-external-speex --with-external-srtp
==> make all install
ld: 32 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make[2]: *** [../lib/libpjmedia-codec.dylib.2] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libpjmedia-codec.dylib] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1

When I run brew install pjsip iksemel unixodbc srtp gcc48 sqlite openssl
speex

Looks like it's failing on pjsip - have you seen this before? Is it
something to do with the whole gcc thing? I can see it's error'd using
clang...

Dan