[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] jrose: branch 12 r400205 - /branches/12/configs/

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Oct 1 08:49:11 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Paul Belanger
<paul.belanger at polybeacon.com>wrote:

>>>  Just as a follow up: this has been the case in Asterisk 12 for quite
>> some
>> time now. The features.conf configuration file was actually a lie: it
>> advertised that you could configure things in it that were no longer
>> supported. This was merely a documentation update.
>>
>>  Understood, but more concerned about users upgrading. This looks to be
> the first time we have explicitly broken a users existing configuration on
> upgrades.  In the past we shy'd away from this, but personally if it is for
> the better that is good enought for me.
>
> However, I'm am fearful of the onslaught of 'I just upgraded to Asterisk
> 12 and my parking lots are broken' posts to the mailing lists.  Hence my
> questions about some sort of notification to the end users there
> configuration was wrong.

Given the scope and scale of changes in Asterisk 12, if the worst I have to
deal with is a few people asking which configuration file they need to use
to configure parking, I'll call that a rousing success.

(Also: this is documented in CHANGES, Upgrade.txt, and on multiple pages on
the Asterisk wiki. If you can't be bothered to read the upgrade information
for a release that has been widely advertised as containing major
architectural changes, then I can't help you, and neither can anyone else.)

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager