[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] jrose: branch 12 r400205 - /branches/12/configs/

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Oct 1 08:39:04 CDT 2013

On 13-09-30 09:19 PM, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Paul Belanger <
>> paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:

>>> settings in features.conf? Are we sure we want to explicitly break users
>>> configurations for this?
>>>

>> You will see this WARNING in the log file or console on asterisk startup:
>> Parkinglots are no longer configurable in features.conf; parking is now
>> handled by res_parking.conf
>>
>> You will see this WARNING if your config still has parkinglot options in
>> features.conf for each option:
>> The option '%s' is no longer configurable in features.conf.
>>

> Just as a follow up: this has been the case in Asterisk 12 for quite some
> time now. The features.conf configuration file was actually a lie: it
> advertised that you could configure things in it that were no longer
> supported. This was merely a documentation update.

Understood, but more concerned about users upgrading. This looks to be
the first time we have explicitly broken a users existing configuration
on upgrades.  In the past we shy'd away from this, but personally if it
is for the better that is good enought for me.

However, I'm am fearful of the onslaught of 'I just upgraded to Asterisk
12 and my parking lots are broken' posts to the mailing lists.  Hence my
questions about some sort of notification to the end users there
configuration was wrong.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)