[asterisk-dev] more granular control of TImer T1

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Nov 13 09:52:13 CST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Damon Estep <damon at soho-systems.com> wrote:

> “T1min was used as the lowest possible value of T1 for a monitored host -
> with qualify=yes. If that's changed, we need to re-review that.”
>

> Yes, it has changed (if it ever really was that way) you cannot configure
> a value lower than T1min for an unmonitored host, if you do a warning is
> logged and the t1min value is used instead. There appear to be 3 or 4
> checks in the code for this. There is also a check for values below 200,
> which is completely arbitrary.

I'm fine if t1min is not used as a lower bounds for the T1 timer for
unmonitored hosts.

That being said, I'd prefer there to be *some* lower bound provided. A user
accidentally enters an extremely low value (such as 0 or 1) - and who gets
no WARNING or lower bound correction - will experience some interesting
behavioral problems that could be difficult to diagnose.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager