[asterisk-dev] Plaintext auth support in IAX2

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Wed Nov 6 10:04:20 CST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>> How about adding a message to the CLI 'header' saying 'x deprecation
>>> warnings available.' similar to the 'Verbosity was 0 and is now 6' and 'Core
>>> debug was 0 and is now 6' messages way back in the day.
>
>> Those are direct responses to the 'core set {verbose|debug} [atleast] <n>'
>> command, not headers to the CLI prompt.
>
> OK. I stand corrected. The messages I see were a result of my 'console'
> alias including '-d' and '-v.'
>
> I was thinking the goal was to let the admin know something should be
> changed without overwhelming them with messages. A simple 'you should look
> at this' when starting a console session seems appropriate.

That's possible.  We already run several commands in the background
upon remote console startup, so a command like 'core show deprecated
summary' could be implemented.

I'm mostly interested in whether people think whether this is a good
idea or not, though.  Any criticisms of the proposal?

-Tilghman