[asterisk-dev] Plaintext auth support in IAX2

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Nov 6 09:59:02 CST 2013

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Steve Edwards
> <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:

>> How about adding a message to the CLI 'header' saying 'x deprecation
>> warnings available.' similar to the 'Verbosity was 0 and is now 6' and
>> 'Core debug was 0 and is now 6' messages way back in the day.

> Those are direct responses to the 'core set {verbose|debug} [atleast]
> <n>' command, not headers to the CLI prompt.

OK. I stand corrected. The messages I see were a result of my 'console'
alias including '-d' and '-v.'

I was thinking the goal was to let the admin know something should be
changed without overwhelming them with messages. A simple 'you should look
at this' when starting a console session seems appropriate.

--
Thanks in advance,