[asterisk-dev] Music On Hold for multi-sites desgin

Grégory ESNAUD gregory.esnaud at niji.fr
Fri May 31 02:34:00 CDT 2013

Hello dear list,

I crawled all over the web to fin a solution to my issue: make music on hold a local resource.

Let me explain:

-          I have 4 sites with one ipbx (our lovely asterisk ;)) on the main site.

-          My Wan between sites is poor in bandwidth, so I try to save as much as I can.

Is there a way that asterisk send a SIP reinvite, to the devices put on hold, with to  local addresse (ex: 1.1.1.1 *locally* routed to a server on each sites) or a multicast address (as Cisco's design)?
As far as I understand, it's *ALWAYS* asterisk that provides MOH RTP right? (even if I played with streamplayer)

(I'm ready to modify code but I don't know where to begin)

Thanks for your answer & have a nice day!

[Description : Description : cid:image001.png at 01CC3FF6.3ACD2790]<http://www.niji.fr/>
Grégory Esnaud
Ingénieur réseaux
02 99 32 92 37