[asterisk-dev] chan_phone module - phone_call FXO / FXS mixup?

Łukasz Zwierko lzwierko at gmail.com
Sun May 19 13:25:35 CDT 2013

Hi,

I'm aware that chan_phone is probably not very widely used, still I'd
have a question about it. I really do hope Mark Spencer or any module
co-authors (if there were any) can answer this simple question:

In phone_call method for any interface mode we call

start = IXJ_PHONE_RING_START(cid); (line 335 in trunk)

and later there is

if (p->mode == MODE_FXS) {
const char *digit = strchr(dest, '/');
if (digit)
{
 digit++;
 while (*digit)
   phone_digit_end(ast, *digit++, 0);
}

So for FXS mode we send dialed number ad DTMFs. Shouldn't it be for FXO mode?
If we are FXS (so basicall POTS switch) than the other side is a phone
and all we need to do is to start ringing without sending any DTMF....
It the phone (FXO) that needs to send dialed number as DTMF...
Or am I missing something?

thanks,
Lukasz Zwierko

--