[asterisk-dev] SIP Ringing does not stop

Meadows Hoa meadows_sub at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 18:01:10 CDT 2013

We are working on a new channel driver, which is more of an analog driver. When originating a call using this new driver (incoming) to a SIP end user (SIP Channel driver is the outgoing channel driver) the SIP Channel Driver does send out to its endpoint the SIP:INVITE, and received the SIP:1xx messages including RINGING. The 200OK comes into the SIP Channel Driver and SIP:ACK sent out to the endpoint.  BUT THE ISSUE IS THIS: Ringing still continues on the line and does not stop, event after answering so it is not possible to talk.

How to stop ringing?  What needs to be done to ensure that Ringing is not longer applied to that endpoint? A SIP call to SIP call works fine through the SIP Channel Driver.

The chan_sip sent invite and
received 100, 180 and 200 then sent ACK to SIP end-point.

The newchan_answer() callback
method was called where we set state to AST_STATE_UP.

ast_setstate(ast, AST_STATE_UP);
The newchan_indicate() callback
method was called twice with conditions -1 and 20 (SRCUPDATE)
We just
return 0.
The sip_indicate() callback
method was also called then newchan_devicestate() was called.

We return AST_DEVICE_INUSE.

The problem is that the ring on
the SIP handset did not stop after we pick up the call?