[asterisk-dev] Time to rename chan_gulp?

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Mon May 6 02:35:16 CDT 2013

In english, to "sip" is to take a little drink . To "gulp" is to take a lot
of drink very quickly.

so, "gulp" is a bigger "sip"

hth

Julian

On 5 May 2013 23:58, Johann Steinwendtner <steinwendtner at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's hard to use english language games in a product that's used

>>> I'm all for name suggestions. We've stuck with 'gulp' mostly because we
>>> didn't have any other alternatives (and it is kinda clever).
>>>

> Can somebody tell me what this 'gulp' means (not technically, more from
> the name perspective) ?
> As a non english native speaker, I do not understand the cleverness.
> Google was not helpful and the dictionary did not give me something
> meaningful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hans
>
> --

Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director, Dot R Limited

"I don’t care if it works on your machine!  We are not shipping your
machine!”

The kangaroo dances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAWl5iYOaUg