[asterisk-dev] Time to rename chan_gulp?

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Fri May 3 12:05:26 CDT 2013

-----Original Message-----

> * sipng
> * sip2
<history>chan_sip2 and chan_sip3 were failed projects that I operated years ago. Chan_sip2 was mostly integrated,
but not all. Chan_sip3 was never fully funded to complete, but the web site is still up (codename-pineapple) and there's a lot
of code in there. </history>

/O ;-)

> * sipnew
> * pjsip
> * sippy (or sipy)
> * sipast
> * astsip
> * gulp
>
> I'm fine with whatever we call this. How about a vote being taken on the
> channel driver name and we go with whatever the majority of people
> decide is best?

So, if sip2 and sip3 are not appropriate, advance to chan_sip4

After all general public jumped from ipv4 to ipv6 ....