[asterisk-dev] Incorporating code from Asterisk team branch ?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Sun Mar 24 15:17:10 CDT 2013

>   I'm sorry that I have to ask such stupid questions, but I didn't
>   find
> a clear answer by myself :-(.
>   I'm regularly compiling and updating a "generic" Asterisk 11
>   branch. Among
> other features, I need robust and reliable SS7 functionality. But the
> status
> of SS7 support in regular chan_dahdi is rather limited.
>   While googling, I've found, that a special branch called
> "rmudgett/ss7_27_knk" exists, which seems to cure a lot of my
> problems with
> SS7 support. It is based on libss7 v2.0, which contains much more
> features,
> and also both sig_ss7.c and chan_dahdi.c are substantially improved.
>   And the question is: How to get this special branch, to be able to
>   merge
> this support into my regular sources ? I'm familiar with tools like
> diff,
> patch etc., but I don't know SVN magic enough. What I need, is to
> keep my
> local changes (I have already a lot of them in my source tree), so I
> can't
> easily just checkout this special one and build it (and btw I even
> don't
> knowh how to check it out).
>   I keep in mind that this branch is possibly based on Asterisk
>   trunk, so I'm
> ready to attempt backporting to V11 by myself, i hope that the
> differences
> are no yet so big. But of course a V11-based branch would be even
> better,
> if it exists.
>   With regards,
>     Pavel

There are reviewboard reviews for the Asterisk team branch and the
libss7 library trunk branch.  The Asterisk team branch is based on
trunk where new features are developed.  I think the only changes
that have been committed for Asterisk v12 development which affect
the files changed for the SS7 development are dealing with the
stasis event system.  Those changes should be relatively easy to
remove when backporting to Asterisk v11.  There is also a change
to the configure.ac file to detect the enhanced libss7.  You will
need to run bootstrap.sh to regenerate the ./configure script.

Asterisk team branch and reviewboard links:
http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/team/rmudgett/ss7_27_knk
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2170/

libss7 trunk branch and reviewboard links:
http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/libss7/trunk
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2150/

Richard