[asterisk-dev] Incorporating code from Asterisk team branch ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Mar 23 03:42:00 CDT 2013

Hi!
  I'm sorry that I have to ask such stupid questions, but I didn't find
a clear answer by myself :-(.
  I'm regularly compiling and updating a "generic" Asterisk 11 branch. Among
other features, I need robust and reliable SS7 functionality. But the status
of SS7 support in regular chan_dahdi is rather limited.
  While googling, I've found, that a special branch called
"rmudgett/ss7_27_knk" exists, which seems to cure a lot of my problems with
SS7 support. It is based on libss7 v2.0, which contains much more features,
and also both sig_ss7.c and chan_dahdi.c are substantially improved.
  And the question is: How to get this special branch, to be able to merge
this support into my regular sources ? I'm familiar with tools like diff,
patch etc., but I don't know SVN magic enough. What I need, is to keep my
local changes (I have already a lot of them in my source tree), so I can't
easily just checkout this special one and build it (and btw I even don't
knowh how to check it out).
  I keep in mind that this branch is possibly based on Asterisk trunk, so I'm
ready to attempt backporting to V11 by myself, i hope that the differences
are no yet so big. But of course a V11-based branch would be even better,
if it exists.
  With regards,
    Pavel