[asterisk-dev] SIP: So you mean you want to be able to *dial* something?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Mar 8 06:10:30 CST 2013

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> I think it's a good starting point :-) Now, as for those dialplan
> functions to "build" the dialstring are you going to allow something
> like "give me all contacts with this sip.instance" and things like this?
> Or is it to be decided?

The design allows it, but my focus isn't to fully implement everything
possible in this area. There's higher priorities things (like callerid)
that everyone needs that trumps such a thing. If someone else would like
to explore it and come up with additional dialplan functions, that'd be
awesome. We can discuss the possibilities on a new thread here.

> Also, if Asterisk gets an incoming call to a local user like
> saghul at foorbar.com;gr=hbue39d3d0d, would Asterisk automagically only
> dial the contacts with that sip.instance or would it dial them all if I
> do Dial(SIP/${EXTEN} ?

All calls enter the dialplan so it is up to the person writing the
dialplan to decide what to do. If they want to dial only one, then call
only the endpoint. If they want to dial all of them then use the
dialplan function to construct a string. If they want to examine the
complete URI that came in it would be trivial to write a dialplan
function to allow it (this doesn't exist right now). For GRUU and such
we can publish best practices when it comes to writing the dialplan for
it (once support is fully flushed out). This is another area where
someone could contribute to the effort.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp