[asterisk-dev] SIP: So you mean you want to be able to *dial* something?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saghul at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 02:24:11 CST 2013

Joshua Colp wrote:
> I'm back!
>
> First off I want to thank everyone for their comments and the discussion
> that occurred.
>
> I think in the end I'm going to settle for a compromise based on all the
> various thoughts and opinions.
>
> Dialing an endpoint or AOR directly will only cause one target to be
> dialed. If you want to support multiple contacts for an AOR (whether to
> allow this or not is configurable) you will need to use the dialplan
> function to produce a suitable dial string. The issues pointed out by
> others (call forwarding for one) are just too great to push this logic
> into the SIP work. I consider this a first step into this new area that
> will make quite a few people happy with no immediate impact to the core.
>
> For deployments that need to individually address devices the normal
> approach of individual endpoint configurations for each is still a
> viable and supported option. The above work does not impact this at all.
>
> Cheers,

I think it's a good starting point :-) Now, as for those dialplan
functions to "build" the dialstring are you going to allow something
like "give me all contacts with this sip.instance" and things like this?
Or is it to be decided?

Also, if Asterisk gets an incoming call to a local user like
saghul at foorbar.com;gr=hbue39d3d0d, would Asterisk automagically only
dial the contacts with that sip.instance or would it dial them all if I
do Dial(SIP/${EXTEN} ?

Thanks!

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé