[asterisk-dev] SIP: So you mean you want to be able to *dial* something?

Walter Doekes walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl
Mon Mar 4 11:21:34 CST 2013

On 04/03/13 18:00, Joshua Colp wrote:
> Friendly nudge to any individual who may have wanted to provide input or
> feedback on this important thread. I'll be following up on Wednesday or
> Thursday.

Ignoring the extra work and complications it may cause, this would be
"expected behaviour" as far as I'm concerned:

(a) Multiple contacts can register at once.
(b) They would all get called when I dial SIP/mypeer. (And that would
indeed mean that the sip driver has to aggregate state.)

That would be Joshua's:

> 2. Allow multiple devices and expose this minimally to the core by allowing channel drivers to return multiple channels when dialed

Of course there would need to be configuration options to limit Contacts
to only the last registered as some people will not like multiple
devices to register at once. But adding those constraints later on is easy.

Adding the possibility to iterate over registered contacts would be of
secondary concern (if at all necessary) to me.

Regards,
Walter