[asterisk-dev] Questions about sorcery.

Ron Arts ron.arts at oneip.nl
Thu Jun 20 16:40:53 CDT 2013

Hello,

I found main/sorcery and res/res_sorcery_* and it looks like it could be used to
implement a realtime replacement. Is that the intention? Are there future plans
for it, like putting things like res_sip.conf and other stuff there?
Can someone
tell a bit more about it.

I've always wanted to allow asterisk to grab into some object store directly
instead of loading internal structures, and reloading them.
As far as I know dynamic realtime could be used for that, but had limitations
wrt voicemail boxes right?

Is this something sorcery could be used for? Because if it is, I can write
my own driver for it.

Thanks for any insights
Ron