[asterisk-dev] Fwd: What's an AOR?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jun 3 09:00:00 CDT 2013

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since you did not answer my use-cases, but deflected to a wiki page:

I don't understand... the answer to your use cases was in my email that
I responded with before I posted the wiki page. The answer is the same
for each. Would you like me to incorporate the use cases into the wiki
page and describe how they could be done using each approach?

> With chan_pjsip, you can not directly call two phones registred to
> the same AOR by just dial(PJSIP/aor). You have to use a function that
> retrieves some identifiers and then dial them in the dial string, so
> the forking happens within the PBX. So either one account per device
> like in chan_sip, or a different dialplan and no direct dialing.

Yes, you can either choose to use the new functionality with the
limitations or do things exactly like was done with chan_sip.

> I still think that exposing the full API will be very confusing. We
> need a user-frindly abstraction that 90% of the installations will
> use.

I think once we have better documentation on how to exactly configure
things, and what you can do with it it will go a long way to helping
people but if in the end consensus says that an abstraction layer on top
which does things magically for you is warranted, then I'm fine with
that as long as the flexibility remains for those who want it and it
doesn't end up becoming a users.conf situation.

--
Joshua Colp