[asterisk-dev] spec files for RPMs - which repository?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Fri Jul 26 09:17:46 CDT 2013

On 23/07/13 22:01, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried building RPMs using the spec files from packages.asterisk.org
>>
>> They all have small issues, for example, missing build dependencies.
>> Some of them try to do things as root (like accessing /var/log/),
>> although it is trivial to patch them to run without root permissions.
>> I've made local versions that work for me, however, I would like to
>> track these on github for other people to share.
>>
>> When I looked in the repositories, I couldn't see the spec files, for
>> example:
>> https://github.com/asterisk/dahdi-linux.git
>> http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/
>>
>> Can somebody please let me know if they are tracked in some other
>> repository?  Or if not, can somebody with commit access include them in
>> the repositories?  Then it is easier for users to keep them in sync with
>> any future changes.
>>
> IIRC, the RPM spec repo was never exposed to the public and lived on
> an internal Digium server.

Thanks for this feedback.  I've just discovered the tarballs inside the
SRPMs don't match the SHA1 checksum of the released tarballs.

I did a diff of the contents of the 11.4 tarball and found that the SRPM
is missing

doc/Asterisk-Admin-Guide
doc/Asterisk-Admin-Guide.pdf
sounds/asterisk-core-sounds-en-gsm-1.4.23.tar.gz
sounds/asterisk-moh-opsound-wav-2.0.3.tar.gz

I'm curious why the SRPMs are not 100% in sync with the regular releases