[asterisk-dev] coding with asterisk 11

Jeremy Kister asterisk-dev-01 at jeremykister.com
Thu Jan 24 00:11:50 CST 2013

in asterisk < 11, the following "worked":
 > ast_copy_string(chan->exten, results, sizeof(chan->exten) - 1);

when i update the channel functions for 11:
 > ast_copy_string(ast_channel_exten(chan), results,
sizeof(ast_channel_exten(chan)) - 1);

i get compiler warnings and asterisk core dumps.
 > app_jk.c:585: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ast_copy_string'
discards qualifiers from pointer target type
 > /usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:212: note: expected 'char *' but
argument is of type 'const char *'

can someone tell me the right thing to be doing ?

I think it might have to do with ast_string_field_set (see
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2011-July/049897.html )

but I don't understand how to use it.

--

Jeremy Kister