[asterisk-dev] Request for inclusion of patch into Asterisk 11

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Thu Jan 17 12:32:44 CST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Normally I am of the thought that new features should be limited to trunk only.  We obviously do not want this to become the norm or a regular thing.  But, I think that a good case has been made on the issue tracker as to why it would be very beneficial to include this in Asterisk 11.  In my mind, 11 wasn't released too long ago.  I do not see where this would harm anyone if it did go in.  This looks to be very beneficial for those who work with BLF and queues.  It may even encourage others to upgrade to 11 since it will make their lives easier.  It is not intrusive and it looks like it has been thoroughly tested.

I would even be for making the feature configurable as suggested, if it is okay with others.  It seems like a good addition especially if it works to increase value in what is already in Asterisk 11... making a product/program easier to work with is always a plus to me.

Michael
(elguero)