[asterisk-dev] Request for inclusion of patch into Asterisk 11

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Thu Jan 17 10:01:08 CST 2013

On 13-01-17 10:43 AM, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> Philippe Lindheimer has posted a patch to Asterisk that ties a hint to a
> Queue's paused state. That patch is currently up for review at:
> https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2254/ - and is tracked in Jira under
> issue ASTERISK-20842.
>
> Philippe has requested that the improvement be included for Asterisk 11,
> for the following reasons:
> * It's a nifty feature
> * It's relatively unintrusive, as it simply involves raising device
> state notifications in well defined places in app_queue
> * It has been well tested, as it is already included with FreePBX
> distros based on Asterisk 11
>
> There are some comments on the issue about improving the feature to make
> it more configurable; going down that road would potentially combine the
> feature with the existing hint tie-ins done by Alec Davis for Asterisk 11.
>
> What does everyone think?

I'm fine with just trunk, since it is a new feature.  Additionally, the
FreePBX team is already maintaining their own backport of the patch for
Asterisk 11 already.  So, we could just setup a branch in subversion if
they want auto-merging.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)