[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Gently reduce masquerade insanity

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 8 02:40:09 CST 2013

7 jan 2013 kl. 21:04 skrev "David Lee" <reviewboard at asterisk.org>:

> In addition to swapping the names of the channels, also swap their
>    uniqueid's. This allows the 'Uniqueid' field to be used as a stable
>    identifier for a channel from and external interface, such as AMI.

This will break a lot of existing 3rd party software that has managed to work around the insane
amount of messages and stuff that happens during the masq. I agree we need to make it
simple but after changing AMI a while ago I also see what kind of feedback you will get
if you change this.

I agree it's the right way forward, but you might want to make it optional.

/O