[asterisk-dev] pjproject review (code.asterisk.org), support shared libraries.

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Feb 20 08:44:21 CST 2013

On 02/19/2013 07:28 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 13-02-19 02:50 PM, Jason Parker wrote:
>> On 02/13/2013 11:30 AM, Jason Parker wrote:
>> There is now a branch of Asterisk [1] that this can be used with, if
>> that was a holdup for reviews.  pjproject has been removed from the tree
>> here, and it now depends on shared libraries.
>>
>> [1] https://origsvn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/qwell/pjsip-shared-libs/
>>
> How are we dealing with feedback from pjproject developers?  I'm not
> sure many of them monitor our lists.  Might be worth reaching out to
> them as another source of testers.

When we've had questions about the right way to implement build system
changes, we've reached out directly (see comment on the review). When
the Asterisk community believes that the changes are (a) technically
correct and (b) meet the needs of the Asterisk project, the patches will
be submitted to pjproject through their channels. It's only polite to
use the system of the project you're modifying and not require them to
come to you :-)

That aside, there are relatively few modifications to pjproject itself
in these changes. The vast majority of the changes are build system
changes, which do not require intimate knowledge of pjproject. You do
not have to be a pjproject expert to participate in this code review.
Given that some members of the Asterisk community were adamant that
these changes be made, I would hope that those same members would be
willing to review the work that Jason did.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager