[asterisk-dev] Can't load module

Alessandro Carminati alessandro.carminati at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 15:39:13 CST 2013

Hello everyone and merry xmas!

These winter vacation I decided to spend some time in coding.
I'm still far from any appreciable result, but I soon faced a problem I
can't even understand.
My goal is produce a dialplan application to encode and decode fsk messages
on audio channel.
I choosed to use SpanDSP, mainly because it is already there for FAX
operations.
After a day coding, I finally had something to test.
The build of the application ends without problem, but after Asterisk
doesn't load the module complaining that "*Loader.c:423
load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_fsk.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_fsk.so: undefined symbol: preset_fsk_specs*".
Can't understand. SpanDSP library has been loaded, and  res_fax_spandsp.so
is also there as cli command confirm.
Looking at symbols exported within the library, nm confirms "*000b48c0 D
preset_fsk_specs*" is there too.
Can somebody hints me where to look to solve this module load issue?

Regards
Alessandro Carminati