[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Test Suite: Proposed Logging Change

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Mon Dec 9 09:32:59 CST 2013

So you're saying put the logs/full.txt and logs/messages.txt files in the
/tmp/asterisk-testsuite path, and only copy them down to the
logs/test/path/*.txt on a failure?

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> Back when we first added python logging to the Asterisk Test Suite, there
> were considerably fewer tests and the log files - while large - were
> slightly more manageable. Today, it feels like things have gotten a bit
> more cumbersome.
>
> On a recent run of the full Asterisk Test Suite, the full DEBUG output can
> top out at over 11MB. While not so huge that it is impossible to deal with,
> that's still quite large.
>
> How would everyone who uses the Test Suite feel if each test created its
> own DEBUG Python logs and stored them in the same location as the test's
> Asterisk log files? From the perspective of someone trying to figure out
> why a test failed, it would be a bit easier to look in those locations (as
> you usually have to anyway to look at the Asterisk logs), and it doesn't
> preclude using the logger.conf for the Python logger to create a central
> location for log files.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> Matthew Jordan
> Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager
> Check us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org
>
> --

[image: Digium logo]
*Scott Griepentrog*
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 317 507 4029
Check us out at: http://digium.com <http://www.digium.com> ·
http://asterisk.org <http://www.asterisk.org>