[asterisk-dev] Changing millisecond sampling rate for console_write in chan_console

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Wed Aug 28 11:30:46 CDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Ryan Conrad <rconrad54 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>   So I have posted here before about a problem with chan_console and I
> have finally found out what has been throwing me off.
>
> So....My question is how to change console_write from getting called every
> 20ms to getting called every 10ms so that the datalength of the frame
> buffer is 160 instead of 320.
>
> Is there a setting or configuration, or is it inside of some code base
> where console_write is getting called in?
>
> Russell this is mostly directed to you since you wrote chan_console.

IIRC, I don't think you can control it, and it's not a chan_console
specific thing.  If SIP is what you have on the other end, you're probably
receiving 20 ms audio packets (standard size), so that's what the frames
are going through Asterisk.  If that's what happening, you could certainly
write code to sit in the middle and split things up and deliver every 10ms,
but it would be non-trivial.

--
Russell Bryant