[asterisk-dev] Changing Line voltage of a FXS card

Ahmet Çağrı KIRIŞIK ackirisik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 11:23:41 CDT 2013

Greetings,

I am trying to add a new signalling type to asterisk, the signalling type
is something like PLAR; well, line has no voltage at all just like a local
battery line, when you want to make a call you provide ringing voltage on
line and then the called party provides the line voltage and dial tone. Its
just like plugging a subscriber line to a FXO but you should send ring at
first.

I happen to have X100M, S100M and TDM400. Since FXO cards cannot generate
ringing voltage (this is an assumption), i have to use an FXS card to
provide ringing voltage but apart from that this FXS card should work like
an FXO namely this FXS card should not provide line voltage.

I know that SI3215 is used on FXS cards and this chip has the line voltage
setting feature which would be set to 0 volts or by setting DCOF bit at
Register 14 DC-DC converter could be turned off.

I am inspecting dahdi souce codes but unable to come up with an simple way
to do so.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Ahmet.