[asterisk-dev] Time to rename chan_gulp?

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Tue Apr 30 09:54:59 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at meg.abyt.es>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Russell Bryant
> <russell at russellbryant.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com>
> wrote:
> >> I'm fine with whatever we call this. How about a vote being taken on the
> >> channel driver name and we go with whatever the majority of people
> >> decide is best?
> >
> > chan_gulp seems fine to me.
> >
> > I'm personally more interested in the function and structural integrity
> of
> > the bike shed than its color.
>
> +1

Somewhat agree but I have always held naming convention in very high
regards.

Chan_bluetooth to chan_mobile may have been easy but it's bad practice to
even introduce this stuff into dev.  Errors like, "This shouldn't happen
here!" or whatever are the result of fun and games, which has it's place
but ends up in production and FUBARs things.

Give it a bit and a logical naming convention will come out.  SIP, GULP,
yeah funny and cute.  One is a real acronym that means something, what is
the DCAP question going to say, what does SIP stand for?  What does GULP
stand for?  Just get it as close to right from the start.

I will see if I can come up with something better too.....

Thanks,
Steve T