[asterisk-dev] Peer matching and SRV records

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Apr 19 04:48:39 CDT 2013

Friends,

Looking into the SRV record support of Asterisk I believe there's an issue with peer matching here.

If a service, like "edvina.org", have multiple SRV records that points to multiple hosts IPs, maybe even dual stack, then a request FROM that service
may come from any of these IPs.

Let's assume the configuration looks like this:

register=marko:okram at edvinaservice/callback

[edvinaservice]
type=peer
host=edvina.org

In this case the peer will pick one address from the SRV records and use for matching. If another server IP is used on the
server side, matching will fail.

I would like to be able to add all available IP addresses and ports for matching. Will that work with the ao2object list or will it
mess up the list to have many hash entries for the same object?

The way I would like to do this is to set up an ACL entry in the peer for the SRV record so we have a list to go through
and perform the matching on. If that list is empty, we will match as before.

Thoughts?
/O