[asterisk-dev] auth_username_match

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Thu Apr 18 14:27:58 CDT 2013

Hi all,

i have taken a look at the auth_username_match option in sip.conf - and in
the chan_sip.c implementation.

chan_sip does implement the username check in the Authorization header for
subscribes and invites and so on - but not for REGISTER.

Why is that so ? That does not make sense for me.

I have patched the register function in chan_sip - so it now does also
accept the username in the authorization header. Does work as expected -
and does solve some little "not that nice name on display" problems...

br,
Wolfgang